The 'M2X WWAN Extension Board' is an ultra-thin version of the 'Original M2X Board'.
It has an M.2 slot for adding a 4G/5G LTE module to your VIM4, VIM3/VIM3L. A nano-SIM card slot for 4G/5G SIM cards. Finally, the 'M2X WWAN Extension Board' still maintains the same form factor as all our VIM single board computers.
Differences with the 'New M2X Extension Board':
- It doesn't support SSD drives as the SoC can only support one way PCIe, and the 5G module and SSD both require seperate PCIe interfaces. Thusly, there is only one PCIe port on the 'M2X WWAN Extension Board' which is for the 5G Module.
- It is shorter in size than the 'New M2X Extension Board'; it doesn't support SSDs, so there's no need to make it the same length as an SSD.
- It has an 18-Pin GPIO Header, the 'New M2X Extension Board' does not.
- M.2 Slot (B-Key) for 4G LTE/5G NR Module
- Nano-SIM Card Slot
- 18-Pin GPIO Header
- 4G/5G Active LED
- 81.6 x 56.0 x 5.5 MM
- VIM3 v13/VIM3L v13( VIM3/3L doesn't support 5G module on Andriod as its version is low)
- Edge-V(Quectel 4G LTE Module not compatible with Edge-V)
- Quectel EM06 4G LTE Module
In The Box:
- M2X WWAN
- M2 Screws x4
- M2 Standoffs x2